Meet Our Staff
Dr. Sherry Simsuangco
PT, DPT, CEEAA
CEO/ Owner of OPTIMUM CARE THERAPY.
Graduated with a Doctorate Degree in Physical Therapy at Western University Pomona, California. Dr. Sherry has a specialty in Exercise Expert for the Aging Adults (CEEAA), given by the American Physical Therapy Association, and has 18 years experience working with Outpatient Orthopedics, Industrial Medicine and Geriatrics. She also completed a year long-manual orthopedic course by Michael Miller, DPT, OCS.
She is an Ultra Marathon Runner and a fitness enthusiast. On her spare time, Dr. Sherry enjoys spending time with her 2 kids, Matthew and Lauren, baking and trail running.
Noriel R. Simsuangco,
PTA, BA Exer. Science, ATRI-C, USAT-L1
• 12 years of PTA experience in Orthopedic and Sports Medicine
• Graduated from Cerritos College – Associate Arts in Physical Therapist Assistant
• Graduated from Concordia University St. Paul- Bachelors Arts in Exercise Science
• Aquatic Rehab Institute Certified
• USA Triathlon Level 1 Coach
• Strength and Conditioning Coach for Optimum Multisport
Noriel “Coach Nori” has more than 12 years of combined experienced with orthopedic, sports injury, sports performance and rehabilitation. He is a Credentialed Clinical Instructor by APTA (American Physical Therapy Association) mentoring entry level PTA interns since 2008. He is certified USA Triathlon coach that worked with beginner and top age group triathletes (youth to adult). He is an active long-course triathlete and a multiple Ironman World Championship Qualifier/Finisher for both the 70.3 distance and Ironman140.6 distance in Kona, Hawaii. He is the Co-owner of Optimum Care Therapy and the founder and head coach of Optimum Multisport. Noriel, is very involved in the Triathlon Community and serves as one of the Officer of Fil-Am Tri Club (Filipino-American Triathlon Club).
Optimum Multisport – A Triathlon Coaching based on Sports Science. “We understand that every athlete is different, so we focus on optimizing your strength, minimize injury and improving your weaknesses for Optimal Performance!” – Coach Nori
Dr. Senkosal Uy,
DC – Sports Chiropractor
• Graduate of University of California with a B.S. in Biology (2005)
• Graduate of Southern California University of Health Science, Doctor of Chiropractic with Honors (2011).
• Completed certification for Chiropractic Sports Physician from American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians through Southern California University of Health Sciences (2013)
Dr. Uy specializes in the treatment and prevention of neuro-muscular disorders of the human body. His approach to health includes treatment through various techniques such as Chiropractic spinal adjustments, therapeutic exercise, manual soft tissue work, and more to help keep you active and out of pain. Dr. Uy’s wellness and sports rehabilitation focus not only treats your current pain symptoms but also helps correct poor body mechanics, posture, prevent injury, and gets you to your peak performance. The primary focus is treating the root cause of your complaint and not just your immediate symptoms. He has worked with patients from all walks of life, including professional / high level athletes, weekend warriors, office workers, stay at home parents, Law Enforcement / First Responders, and more.
CAMTC, BS Kinesiology(License Massage Therapist)
• Graduate of California State University, Fullerton, with a B.S. in Kinesiology
• Graduate of Fremont College with Certification in Massage Therapy.
Sara grew up in Pico Rivera playing Soccer and was competitive cheerleader throughout high school. Afterwards, she went on to receive her Bachelor’s Degree in Kinesiology with an emphasis in Clinical Exercise from Cal State Fullerton in 2012. She continued her education at Fremont College to become a certified massage therapist (CAMTC) and has been in practice ever since. Her various body work techniques is a mixture of restoring range of motion and flexibility while assisting the muscles to relax and recover quickly. Her sports massage background includes working with runners at both Long Beach and Los Angeles marathons, CrossFit competitors, and other seasoned athletes who want to stay active and perform their best in their daily lives.
B.S. PT, PTA(Physical Therapist Assistant)
• B.S. Physical Therapy
• Physical Therapist Assistant
• Certified in IASTM (Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization) and Rock Tape application
• Speaks: Hindi, Gujarati
Rachita Shah graduates Bachelor Science in Physical Therapy in Sikkim Manipal University, India in 2009. She challenged the PTA board exam and passed in 2018. She currently practices as one of our Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant. She is a mother and wife who loves to cook, travel and goes for long drive with her family.